Manual work is expensive and time-consuming. Automation can help you work smarter and faster. Automation is one of the most important aspects of modern business.
Everyday, your business is flooded with new leads, sales, tasks, support tickets, and more. It's impossible to keep up with all those data entries without help. That's where work management platforms come in.
Work management platforms are software that helps you automate your work. They allow you to create and manage projects, tasks, and workflows. With a database platform, you can easily keep track of your work and automate tedious tasks. This leads to increased efficiency and productivity.
If you're looking for a unique way to manage your work, look no further than Stackby.
Stackby is an automated database platform that helps you automate your workflows and keep your data in sync. The tool allows you to create flexible spreadsheet style databases, which are the powerhouse workflows of any business. With Stackby, you can easily track your work, manage your projects, and automate your tasks in a visual way.
Why you need a work management platform like Stackby
First of all, a work management platform helps individuals and teams to manage work and achieve their goals. It consolidates all of your work into one place, so you can see what needs to be done and when it needs to be done by.
Secondly, work management platforms automate workflows and help to speed up project delivery. This is done by integrating with other software tools that you may be using, such as your CRM, email marketing tool, or accounting software.
Thirdly, work management software are flexible and can be tailored to your specific needs. You can add or remove features as required, and you can also create your own custom database and template.
Lastly, work management platforms offer value for money. They are often priced lower than traditional project management software, but still offer all of the features that you need to run your business effectively.
What is Stackby?
Stackby is a work management platform that enables users to create and automate workflows using third-party services. It is a collaborative spreadsheet-database hybrid that allows anyone to leverage the power of work automation. You can easily manage your projects and tasks, and automate tedious tasks that would otherwise take up valuable time.
Stackby is perfect for any small and big businesses, as well as individuals who need a system to process data more efficiently. Stackby's relational databases allow you to visualize and connect data from multiple sources, making it easy to find patterns and trends. You can also create workflows using their visual workflow builder, and connect them to third-party services to automate your work.
With Stackby.com, work gets assigned to the right people and nothing falls through the cracks. When you create a stack, you can invite team members via email and they will get access to it. You can also add due dates to tasks and leave comments for each other.
Whether you need a simple task manager or a complex workflow automation system, Stack by has over 150 pre built templates and tools to get the job done.
Let's take a glimpse at some of the features that make Stackby so powerful and useful for work management:
Organize everything into relational databases
Within Stackby, everything is organized into relational databases. This makes it easy to find what you're looking for and to create workflows that involve multiple tasks and data points.
What makes it even more visually appealing to look at your data is the many view types that you can use to display your data. You can easily switch between views to find the most effective way to work with your data. You can choose from grids, Kanban boards, Gantt charts (coming soon), and more. There's even a gallery view option that allows you to create powerful mood boards or directories.
Structure your data using 25 column types
If you process mountains of data on a daily basis, you'll be glad to know that Stackby has an advanced column options that lets you quickly structure and find the information you need.
Configure basic column types
- Short Text & Long Text - good for storing descriptions, comments, and notes
- Number based - perfect for tracking progress, estimating work hours, or budgeting
- Date & Date & Time - ideal for setting deadlines, scheduling meetings, and tracking milestones
- Checkboxes - helpful for listing to-dos, tagging items, and categorizing data
- Single Select/Multiple Select - list items that can be chosen from (or multi-selected) for further actions
- Collaborators/Multiple Collaborators - add people to work on specific items within your databases
- Attachments - allows you to upload images or PDF files
- Phone Number, Email, URL - lets you store contact information
- Inbuilt (Created Time & Last Updated Time) - shows when an item was created and last updated
- Ratings - helpful for ranking items
- Duration - calculate the amount of time spent on an item
- Created By, Updated By - shows the creator and updater of an item
- Progress Bar - you can set the progress of work being done based on the checklists
- Deadline - set reminders for a specific row/item
Configure advanced column types
- Advanced formulas - lets you quickly perform calculations on your data, such as sums, averages, and counts
- Auto-number - helpful for generating unique ID numbers for each row in your database
- Link to another table - lets you create relationships between different tables of data
- Lookup column - use this to easily find data in other tables
- Lookup count - this shows how many times a value appears in other tables
- Aggregation - this allows you to group data together and calculate a sum, average, or count
- API - connect to external data sources via APIs
- Button - you can use this to trigger workflows or perform actions on your data
- Barcode - lets you generate and scan barcodes
- QR code - lets you scan QR and bar codes and pulls the data into your table
With all these unique column types, you can easily customize Stackby to work the way you want it to. The system is truly flexible and can be molded to fit any work management need.
Automate tasks with a third party api integration
One of the best things about Stackby is that it allows you to connect to various third party services and automate tasks. This means that you can set up workflows that involve multiple steps and data points, and have the system do the work for you.
For example, let's say you're working on a project that involves tracking sales leads. With Stackby, you can easily create a workflow that starts with a lead capture form. Once the form is submitted, the data is automatically added to your Stackby database. From there, you can set up automation rules that will trigger an email notification to be sent to you when a new lead is added. You can even connect Stack by to your CRM system, so that the data is automatically updated when a new lead is captured.
Or, what if you want to automatically post your blog article content to social media? You can do that with Stackby.com too. Just connect your blog RSS feed to the software, and then set up an automation rule that will post the content to your social media accounts whenever a new article is published.
Another example, let's say you want to track the progress of a project using data from multiple sources. You can do that by connecting Stackby to your project management software, your team's chat application, and your email inbox. Then, you can create a dashboard in Stack by that will show you all the relevant data in one place.
There are endless possibilities with Stackby and its third party service apps. You can create workflows for anything, from project management to sales and marketing. And, because the workflows are automated, you can save yourself a ton of time and effort.
Popular third party apis:
- Slack notifications - Keep your team in sync with this Stackby integration
- Alphavantage - Track stocks in real-time
- Clearbit - Enrich your customer data
- Mattermark - Find the world's best investors and keep track of their portfolios
- Hunter.io - Find email addresses of anyone and verify them in seconds
- Google PageSpeed Insights - Pull in data to help you track your website's performance
- YouTube - Show video metrics for your channel
- WhatsApp - If you configured a button in the column, you can hit it and message all users in WhatsApp
- MailChimp - Import your Mailchimp lists and stastics into Stackby
- Facebook Ads - Keep a Bird's Eye view of all your Facebook Ads in one place
- Google Sheets - Connect to any Google Sheet and work with live data
- Twitter - Display your Tweet metrics
- Zapier - Connect to over 2,000+ other web applications and automate workflows
- Pabbly Connect - Connect to over 800+ applications via Pabbly Connect
- Microsoft Teams - Whenever data changes happen, you can send messages to a Microsoft Teams channel
Stackby also integrates with GitHub, Fullcontact, Google Translate, Google NLP, Intercom, Twillio, TXTRIA, SerpStat, VerifyBee, Facebook Post Insight, SendFox, n8n, Integrately, Automate.io, IFTTT, ZeroBounce, ClearOut, Snov.io, BuiltWith, Google Analytics, YouTube Analytics, Moz, Ahrefs, Google Search Console, SharedCount, Make (Integromat), Instagram, Alexa, SemRush, LinkedIn Pages, LinkedIn Ads, and CoinMarketCap.
With this many API connectors, every business can benefit from automating workflows and integrating Stackby into their existing tools.
Create custom forms with 25+ unique column types
Want to collect data from your team or customers? Or do you need to track your work in a specific way? Stackby's custom form builder lets you create any kind of form with over 25 unique column types.
You can have text, number, date, time, dropdown, multiple choice, checkbox, and more. You can also add attachments, buttons, and even formulas. Create an advanced form in Stackby and share it via link or embed it on your website.
Expand on your forms is a breeze as well, you can add more columns or edit existing ones without having to start from scratch.
Use Stack Powerups to automate your work
Stackby comes with a suite of Powerups that help you automate your work. These are little growth hacks that make your work easier.
Currently, there are 15+ different powerups available:
- Microsoft Excel Importer - Import your work from an Excel sheet into Stack by with just a few clicks
- Google Sheet Importer - Import your work from a Google Sheet into Stackby
- Stack Export - No more copying and pasting data! Export your data from Stackby.com into a CSV file with just one click
- Append CSV file in an existing table - Upload a CSV file and append the data into an existing table
- View level sharing - Share prefiltered views of your work with teammates or customers
- Recycle Bin - Never lose work again! Restore work that you accidentally deleted
- Deduplication - Remove duplicates from your data table
- Automate your API column type - Schedule data refresh for your API connector columns (daily, weekly, monthly, etc.)
- Google Drive Sync - Sync your Stackby data with a Google Drive folder
- Google Chrome Extension - This extension allows you to clip data from any website and automatically send it to Stackby
- Color Formatting on Rows - Use conditions to color code individual rows based on the data in that row
- Locked Views - Keep specific views of your work private and prevent accidental changes
- Restrict Stack & View Embeds by Email Domain - Restrict who can view and embed your work by email domain
- Restrict View Embed by Password - Perfect for clients or customers! Restrict access to a specific view by password
- Database Snapshots - Take a snapshot of your work at any point in time. You can even schedule snapshots to be taken automatically. Nice feature if you want to restore work to a previous state
- Conditional Logic on Forms - Use conditional logic to show or hide fields on your forms based on the data in that row
- Personal Views - Keep views to yourself. Only you can see and change your personal views
There are many more Stackby Powerups in the making, but the once listed above show the power and flexibility of Stackby. With so many connectors and powerups, businesses of all sizes can benefit from using Stackby to manage their work.
Stackby use cases
As you can tell from the features included in the software, Stackby can be used for a variety of different workflows. Below are some examples of how businesses are using Stackby:
Marketing teams & agencies
Over 5,000 different teams and digital agencies are using Stackby.com to manage their client work. From creating custom forms to track leads and customers, to importing work from Google Sheets or Excel, to automating data refreshes for their marketing campaigns, marketing teams are able to use Stackby to manage their work in a more efficient and streamlined way.
Many sales teams use Stackby to manage their leads and customers. With the ability to create custom workflows and track data, sales teams are able to work more efficiently and close more deals. You can easily build automated lead lists or import leads from your current CRM, and track data points like customer satisfaction or win rate. Create sales pipelines and monitor your team's progress to see where you need to make improvements and boost revenue.
Human resources teams
Human resources teams use Stackby to manage employee onboarding and training, as well as benefits and payroll. With the ability to create custom workflows, HR teams can easily automate repetitive tasks and save time. You can also track data points like employee satisfaction or turnover while keeping a bird's eye view on your department's progress.
Project managers use Stackby to manage their projects and tasks. With the ability to create custom workflows and track dependencies, project managers are able to work faster and avoid any potential problems. You can easily import work from other project management tools and assign tasks to team members. Track project progress and identify any areas that need improvement.
Customer success teams
Customer success teams use Stackby to manage their customers and ensure they are successful. With the ability to track customer data and workflows, customer success teams can work more efficiently and proactively. You can build custom work flows to automate customer work, and track customer data to ensure they are getting value from your product.
If you're a remote team, you know the importance of communication and organization. With Stackby, remote teams can easily communicate with each other and track their progress. You can create custom workflows to manage your projects, share files and documents, and track time spent on tasks. Collaboration tools are key for remote teams, and with Stackby you can easily stay on top of your work.
Stackby Review Conclusion
Before we can conclude, we need to do a quick Stackby review by listing all the Pros and Cons of this project management software:
-Turns complex data into a visually structured and spreadsheet style database
-Relational databases make it easy to query and find the data you need from other connected data sources
-Powerups give you the ability to connect Stackby to other services and automate your work
-The ability to track data and monitor progress is very helpful for project managers and teams
-The software is very flexible and can be used for a variety of different workflows
-There is a bit of a learning curve to using Stackby, but once you get the hang of it it's very easy to use
-The free version of Stackby is very limited, so you'll need to upgrade to the paid plan to get full access to all the features
Despite its few cons, Stackby is an unique way of visualising and managing data. It's perfect for teams that need to track progress, manage projects, or automate their workflows. The ability to create custom workflows and automate them via third party services makes Stackby very powerful and helpful for a variety of teams. If you're looking for a flexible and customizable project management tool, Stackby is definitely worth checking out.
Where to find Stackby reviews?
If you're looking for testimonials or an indepth Stackby review, you can check out their website or go to software review platforms like G2, Crowd, Capterra, or TrustRadius. You can also read their blog posts about the best project management software to see how Stackby stacks up against other popular tools.
Who's behind Stackby?
The founder and CEO of Stackby is Rachit Khator, who wanted to create a better system for managing data after working on big data projects in regular spreadsheets.
Is the tool GDPR compliant?
Yes, it's GDPR compliant. They have a dedicated GDPR page that outlines their compliance with the regulation. You can find it on stackby.com/gdpr.
Does Stackby offer support?
Yes, the platform offers support through chat or submit a ticket to their support team and they will respond as soon as possible. They also have a knowledge base where you can find all the answers to common questions. Furthermore, they have large private community on their website, but also run a Facebook group where users can help each other and share their own workflows.
What are the pricing plans?
Stackby has three pricing plans: Free, Personal, Economy, Business and Enterprise. The Free plan is very limited and doesn't include many features, while the Business and Enterprise plans offer more features and are customisable depending on your needs. You can find all the details about their pricing plans on stackby.com/pricing.
How much does Stackby cost?
Stackby's Personal plan starts at $5/user/month. Stackby's Economy plan starts at $9/user/month. The Business plan starts at $18/user/month, and the Enterprise plan is custom priced. The paid plans give you access to more features, storage, and automation.
Does Stackby offer a lifetime deal?
No, Stackby doesn't offer a lifetime deal. However, they do have an annual deal which starts at $99/year on the economy plan and $199/year on their Business plan. The discount will save you up to 69% percent on the monthly price, paid annually.
Is there a free trial?
Yes, they offer a free plan which is very limited. You can use the free plan to get a feel for the tool and see if it's right for you. If you need more features, you'll need to upgrade to one of their paid plans.
Is there a refund policy?
Paid plans are non-refundable, but they can turn it into credits that you can later use. They offer a free plan to help you get familiar with the tool before you commit to a paid plan.
What are the payment methods?
Stackby accept all major credit cards, including Visa, Mastercard, Diners Club, and Discover.
What are some alternatives to Stackby?
Some popular alternatives to Stackby include Smartsheet, Airtable, Google Sheets, Monday.com, and Trello. However, there are many other project management software tools on the market, so be sure to do your research to find the perfect tool for your team's needs.